With the start of the 2018 LPGA just a few days away, I would like to sneak in one more player profile.
The player I have chosen today is:
Hometown: Pamplona, Spain
Resides: Orlando, Fla.
Rookie Year: 2010
2017 Earnings: $197,765 (77th)
|Beatriz Recari holds her 2013 Kia Classic Trophy.|
Beatriz has won 3 times on the LPGA tour:
- 2010 - CVS/Pharmacy LPGA Challenge
- 2013 - Kia Classic
- 2013 Marathon Classic
|Beartriz Recari with yours truly.|
Best finishes in major championships
- ANA Inspiration - 25th in 2013
- KPMG Women's PGA Championship - 19th in 2013
- U.S. Women's Open - 27th in 2011
- Ricoh Women's British Open - 14th in 2016
- The Evian Championship -9th in 2013
- 200 career starts
- 144 cuts made (72%)
- 24 top ten finishes (12%)
- Has $3,024,791 in career earnings (102nd on the all-time LPGA career money list)
|Beatriz was one of just 3 players who did not miss a cut the entire 2012 season.|
Other career highlights:
- Carded a career low 63 in the final round of the 2015 Honda LPGA Classic.
- In 2013, had two victories and seven additional top ten finishes as she crossed the $1 million mark in season earnings for the first time in her career.
- One of only three players who did not miss a cut in 2012.
- Finished runner-up to fellow Spaniard Azahara Munoz in the 2010 Louise Suggs Rookie of the Year race.
- Finished 10th at the 2009 LPGA Final Qualifying Tournament to earn Priority List Category 12 for the 2010 season.
- Qualified for Ladies European Tour (LET) membership in 2005 and captured her first professional victory at the LET's 2009 Finnair Master in Helinski, Finland.
|Beatriz (with Azahara Munoz, Belen Mozo, and Carlota Ciganda) was a member of victorious Team Spain at the inaugural UL International Crown.|
- In 2014, was a member of the victorious Team Spain at the inagural UL International Crown. She posted a 2-1-1 record.
- Competed on the European Solheim Cup team in 2013 and posted a 3-1-1 record
Links to Previous Player Profiles:
This Week's Trivia Question: (for those who may have missed it earlier)
Only two players did not miss a cut or withdraw from a tournament in 2017. Can you name them?
For the the answer to this week's trivia question press here.
Follow @tonyjesselli (Currently 1,612 followers)