Former Indianapolis Mayor Gregg Ballard will join Indianpolis Motor Speedway President Doug Boles, LPGA Commissioner Michael Whan, and other officials today to unveil details of the Indy Women in Tech Championship presented by Guggenheim.
- The event will take place September 4-10, 2017.
- In will be a full field event with a field of 144 players.
- Players will be playing for a purse of $2,000,000
- First place winner to receive $300,000.
- Tickets to go on sale November 14, 2016
Paula Creamer, Morgan Pressel, Gerina Piller and former Indiana University standout Danah Bordner, will be part of the announcement today at 1:30 p.m.
With the LPGA having already announced a new tournament in Green Bay, Wisconsin, this means there will be at least two new domestic tournaments on the schedule in 2017. That will more than make up for the loss of the Coates Golf Championship, that as of this writing has no sponsor and will not be on the 2017 schedule.
Stay tuned for more surprises.
Follow @tonyjesselli on Twitter (Currently 1,492 followers)